One of the common issues that homeowners face during Ohio’s winters is ice damming. This happens when ice along the edge of the roof melts and backs up under the shingles causing damage to the roof and rooms below this area. Besides water stains on your ceiling there are a few other signs to look for that may tell you that ice damming is happening on your home. Many times the soffit will show signs of water damage or mold. The darker areas in the photo are areas where mildew is forming due to excessive moisture in the attic and soffit.
Another indication that you may have an ice damming problem is the plywood sheeting will begin to sag between the rafters or trusses. This is also due to moisture in the attic which could be a combination of ice damming and a lack of ventilation in the attic. When the plywood begins to sag there is no easy fix, usually the roof and sheeting need to be replaced.
The best defense to the problems above is to have a thorough inspection of your roof before the problems start to happen. Give us a call or email us today!
Delivering quality winter roof repair services in Lewis Center, Ohio
First and foremost, we concentrate our efforts on homes affected by central Ohio storms. I was born and raised in Central Ohio and my family is located in the greater central Ohio area.
- Our company is licensed, bonded and insured.
- We take care of obtaining the proper permits for your repairs.
- We work with local insurance companies and suppliers to get your home back into shape after a storm.
- We have over 40yrs of experience in the construction industry. This allows us to put together an ironclad case for you to get the proper repairs from your insurance company.
- We provide an excellent warranty and stand behind it. “Storm chasers” are usually from out of town and the warranty they provide is worthless once they leave town.
- We are proud of our expertise in fabrication and installation of proper flashings around chimneys, dormers and walls. These areas are critical and where most roofing companies fail. We have found that, over the last 10 years or so, many Lewis Center homeowners have had to call us after a new roof because the flashing was done incorrectly. When the flashing and interior damage has been fixed homeowners realize that the “great deal” wasn’t so great after all.
What to expect from our winter roofing repair services
If you have storm damage the solution is pretty simple– give us a call at Buck I Roofing and Restoration. When we arrive we will determine the extent of the damage, install temporary repairs to prevent even more damage to your home. We will take care of the stress associated with getting your house back in order.
What our customers are saying
“We had Buck-I out to repair some loose shingles and found that our roof had sustained storm damage that we were unaware of requiring replacement. We were concerned at the thought of such a large project. The process was easy and worry free. From the estimate, to the approval, to installation and clean up. Very professional. Trustworthy. Thanks Buck-I!”
~ Larry and Amy
“Buck I Roofing recently replaced all of our building and garage roofs and gutters. 14 structures. We are a condo complex in Central Ohio. As trustee president, I had the pleasure to work with them on all aspects of the project. From their meetings with our insurance company to selecting the type of roof and gutters.”
“They did an “outstanding job” in all areas. They kept me and the other residents informed at every step of the project, and cleaned up the site each day. I would highly recommend them.”